Ignoring both Democrats and fellow Republicans, Senator Jim Bunning (R-KY) is holding to his guns by preventing unemployment benefits extension from going through. The reason? Funding. All that Senator Bunning wants is for funds from unspent stimulus to be used for the benefits extensions.
Statist Senate Democrats, left-wing media, and leftist bloggers are criticising Bunning for the stalling tactic. Evil Republican Jim Bunning is denying the unemployed their benefits. Perhaps they will blame Bunning for killing unemployed Americans? Statists point to Bunning’s silence during the G.W. Bush years of defense spending and tax cuts, which supposedly added to the deficit [Article – 1. Top Democrats look to shame Bunning on unemployment benefits filibuster | 2. Unemployment benefits end today; extension not approved by Senate].
Here’s where the statists are wrong:
1. The Bush tax cuts increased government revenue. How? Employers could afford to hire more people to work. The fewer people unemployed, the more that entitlements are reduced. The more people who were working, the more tax base the government had. The more tax base the government had, the more tax revenue that was collected.
2. Defense spending is a necessary part of the federal budget. The only part of the budget that is larger than defense spending is entitlement spending [Article – Entitlements Crowd Out Defense Spending, and It’s Only Getting Worse]. The statists who hate the military will never understand, nor recognize that fact. This would also explain their ignorant comments on the defense budget. They tried again and again over the years to defund our military out of existence. Their disdain for the country’s servicemen and women is well-documented. None of them can say they are patriotic Americans and that they support the troops while taking their funding away at the same time. That is something two-faced liars do.
3. The issue at hand is not dealing with defense spending or tax cuts. The issue is how to pay for unemployment benefits. The money for stimulus has already been allocated. Why not use some of those funds for unemployment extensions? This garbage about being against the rules should not be a problem for the current Congress and presidential administration, since they have consistently broken the rules over the past year anyway.
4. Nobody would be talking about extending unemployment benefits if the Obama stimulus would have worked in the first place [Article – 1. Shrinking U.S. Labor Force Keeps Unemployment Rate From Rising | 2. Obama: Stimulus Has Saved 2 Million Jobs | 3. The ‘Stimulus’ Actually Raised Unemployment | 4. Fact Checking Team Obama’s Stimulus Claims].
5. President Obama is a huge fan of a pay-as-you-go system. From his own mouth: Read More…
Obama “czar” of manufacturing, Ron Bloom says that the free market is “nonsense” and “kinda” agrees with communist China’s late (but no so great) Chairman Mao Tse Tung:
What a coincidence—another Obama staffer who “kinda” agrees with communist boss and mass murderer Mao. Which point does Mr. Bloom agree with Mao on? That it is not really necessary to use force or coercion to achieve political objectives or that one only needs to bluff a person or group of people into thinking the “gun” is not loaded? How well received would the words that Mr. Bloom uttered be, if he took his speech to town hall meetings? So how is the free market not working in communist China today? Would China be on the rise economically without free market capitalism? I wonder how Mao would feel about his precious China if he could see it today. I dare say that if Mao Tse Tung was still living and currently in power, China would still be 20 to 30 years behind the United States, economically and technologically.
Van Jones, Anita Dunn and now Ron Bloom. Is there a pattern here? Why are more of Obama’s staffers and so-called “czars” being exposed embracing the philosophies of a totalitarian communist dictator or Marxist philosophy in general? How long of a laundry list do we have to compile before we see that the current administration in place is anti-capitalist and Marxist? We should not get to the point where it is too late to find out.
Video of Ron Bloom’s full speech can be viewed below (four-part series): Read More…
How is Obamanomics working for us lately? Has there been job creation such has not been seen since the Reagan years? Are there “shovel ready” jobs popping up everywhere? Is unemployment in the eight to nine percent range? Is the dollar rebounding and strengthening in value? Is the United States still ensconced as a financial and economic power?
The U.S. dollar continues to take a dive in value, but why? I thought our recession was slowing. I thought there was light at the end of the economic tunnel. What is going on? Why are world leaders now entertaining the idea of weakening the dollar to rebalance the worldwide economic situation [Article – FX COLUMN-Global rebalancing to weaken dollar, quietly]? There are several ideas, but we are not helping ourselves through reckless economic policies. Is it ignorance on the part of the Obama administration and the Federal Reserve or is it a calculated maneuver? I shudder at the thought of either one or the other.
It appears the Obama administration knew about the high costs of cap and trade. In the U.S. Treasury Department’s report to the Competitive Enterprise Institute, several omissions or blacked-out words have been found. Was the information in the report so embarrassing and damaging to President Obama that he and his administration cajoled or even forced the Treasury Department into making sure that nobody knew about it?
Thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, the Treasury Department’s report had to be released; however, I guess the FOIA doesn’t mention what condition the report has to be in [Article – 1. Cap-and-Trade Memos Fire Up the Skeptics | 2. Cap And Trade Redux: $1,761 Annually Per Family? Or Not?].
So much for transparency and “change you can believe in”. More Chicago-style politics at work here, ladies and gentlemen.