Ignoring both Democrats and fellow Republicans, Senator Jim Bunning (R-KY) is holding to his guns by preventing unemployment benefits extension from going through. The reason? Funding. All that Senator Bunning wants is for funds from unspent stimulus to be used for the benefits extensions.
Statist Senate Democrats, left-wing media, and leftist bloggers are criticising Bunning for the stalling tactic. Evil Republican Jim Bunning is denying the unemployed their benefits. Perhaps they will blame Bunning for killing unemployed Americans? Statists point to Bunning’s silence during the G.W. Bush years of defense spending and tax cuts, which supposedly added to the deficit [Article – 1. Top Democrats look to shame Bunning on unemployment benefits filibuster | 2. Unemployment benefits end today; extension not approved by Senate].
Here’s where the statists are wrong:
1. The Bush tax cuts increased government revenue. How? Employers could afford to hire more people to work. The fewer people unemployed, the more that entitlements are reduced. The more people who were working, the more tax base the government had. The more tax base the government had, the more tax revenue that was collected.
2. Defense spending is a necessary part of the federal budget. The only part of the budget that is larger than defense spending is entitlement spending [Article – Entitlements Crowd Out Defense Spending, and It’s Only Getting Worse]. The statists who hate the military will never understand, nor recognize that fact. This would also explain their ignorant comments on the defense budget. They tried again and again over the years to defund our military out of existence. Their disdain for the country’s servicemen and women is well-documented. None of them can say they are patriotic Americans and that they support the troops while taking their funding away at the same time. That is something two-faced liars do.
3. The issue at hand is not dealing with defense spending or tax cuts. The issue is how to pay for unemployment benefits. The money for stimulus has already been allocated. Why not use some of those funds for unemployment extensions? This garbage about being against the rules should not be a problem for the current Congress and presidential administration, since they have consistently broken the rules over the past year anyway.
4. Nobody would be talking about extending unemployment benefits if the Obama stimulus would have worked in the first place [Article – 1. Shrinking U.S. Labor Force Keeps Unemployment Rate From Rising | 2. Obama: Stimulus Has Saved 2 Million Jobs | 3. The ‘Stimulus’ Actually Raised Unemployment | 4. Fact Checking Team Obama’s Stimulus Claims].
5. President Obama is a huge fan of a pay-as-you-go system. From his own mouth: Read More…
Two days after the Blair House summit and still no official CBO cost estimate [Article – CBO: Obama’s Health Care Plan Too Sketchy to Score; UPDATE: Obama Punts on Public Option: “That’s Up To Leader Reid”].
To be sure, the estimate will reveal the bloated cost of the 2700-page ObamaCare bill [Article – Obama Admits CBO Cost Estimates of ObamaCare Are Incomplete].
We should reform our health care system, but at what cost? At the cost of another one trillion dollars added to the burgeoning national debt? If ObamaCare passes, Americans will be paying for something that will not officially start until 2014 and will do nothing to reduce our budget deficit.
With all of the spending that Obama and tax-and-spend politicians have already added to our debt, how can we sustain the cost of ObamaCare? How much money will honest, hard-working Americans have in their pockets after paying for all of the spending Obama has racked up? One way or another, we will be paying for it in the form of higher taxes.
After the GOP clearly built a stronger case against ObamaCare at the health care summit (when state-run media calls it a “draw”, you know the Republicans got the upper hand), they need to form their own health care summit and create another one of their own comprehensive health care bill (previous bills were thrown out by congressional Democrats) [Article – ObamaCare’ alienates most Americans].
The health care summit sponsored by Barack Obama took place today and there are mixed reactions across the political divide [Article – Reality TV or Healthcare Summit?].
If you watched or listened to the summit in whole or in part, what are your thoughts? What were the strong points and what were the weak points made on both sides? Do you think the whole thing was a colossal waste of time or did it make for entertaining TV?
Thousands gathered in Washington, D.C. to protest man-made global warming. Needless to say, they received a very cold reception from the Obama administration and leftist environut politicians.
Looks like a hostile crowd to me.
Note: This is for entertainment purposes. If the likeness of any of these figures resembles any person living, dead, or otherwise, it is purely coincidental. If any snow person (I want to be PC here) is offended by what is presented here, please melt as quickly as possible. If any leftist nut job in defense of defenseless snow people is offended—get a friggin’ life…or better yet, “chill out”!